Finte na hÉireann ~ Clans of Ireland Clans of Ireland (Finte na hÉireann) was established to:
- Authenticate and register Irish Clans and Historical Families
- Promote the interests of Irish Clans and Historical Families
- Provide guidance related to Irish Clans and Historical Families
Mission Statement of Clans of Ireland CLG
It is the aim of Clans of Ireland Company Limited by Guarantee;
- to promote and develop the concept and organisation of Irish Clans on the island of Ireland and throughout the world,
- to represent Irish Clans at home or abroad, and to unite them into a cohesive movement,
- to advance education by promoting Irish historical research, values, culture and genetic studies,
- to encourage people within the Irish Clans to trace their family history.
The main objectives of Clans of Ireland CLG are to:
- Register, publish and represent the interest of Irish Clans who conform to the requirements of Finte na hÉireann ~ Clans of Ireland.
- Promote and encourage historical research into ancient culture and traditions of Irish Clans (Septs) through education.
- Support/advise any Irish family groups who seek to authenticate their surname prior to 1691 and who wish to set up their own Clan or Family Society.
- Liaise with interested bodies including but not limited to, The President of Ireland, The Standing Council of Irish Chiefs and Chieftains, Chief Herald of Ireland, National Library of Ireland, relevant government departments on the island of Ireland, Heritage Council of Ireland Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Ireland.
Ráiteas Misin le Finte na hÉireann CFTR
Is é atá mar aidhm ag Finte na hÉireann Cuideachta faoi theorainn Ráthaíochta:
- coincheap agus eagrú Clanna Éireannacha in Éirinn agus ar fud an domhain uile a
- chur chun cinn agus a fhorbairt;
- ‘Ionadaíocht a dhéanamh ar son Clanna Éireannach agus ar son a neagraíochtaí cleamhnaithe thar lear agus iad a aontú i ngluaiseacht chomhtháite,
- Oideachas a fhorbairt trí thaighde ar stair na hÉireann, ar a luachanna, a cultúr agus ar ghéineolaíocht a chur chun cinn’,
- spreagadh a thabhairt do dhaoine sna Finte Éireannacha stair a dteaghlach arianadh.